RSS (most commonly expanded as “Really Simple Syndication”) is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format. In order to subscribe to an RSS feed or “newsfeed” you will need two things, an RSS reader (also known as a “news aggregator”) and a feed URL (Universal Resource Locator,) or web address, of the RSS feed that you wish to subscribe to.
1) Download (or use) a News Aggregator or RSS Reader, such as the free Feedly Site, or the application “Juice Receiver”
Feedly is available here: https://feedly.com/i/welcome
Juice Receiver is available here: http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/
2) Locate the web address (or URL) of the RSS feed (which is an XML, or “eXtensible Markup Language” file) that you wish to subscribe to.
A news aggregator or RSS reader is a software application that collects and displays news headlines and summaries from sources that you have located.
An RSS feed is an XML document that contains the news headlines and summaries.
3) Install the feed reader or news aggregator on the computer, if it is like the “Juice Receiver”, or navigate to your Feedly Account on their web site.
4) Insert the URL of the news feed (there is usually an “add feed” or “subscribe” button within the application.)
5) Many RSS news readers will allow you to set the interval that the software will look for a feed update, while others simply update daily.
6) The information in the feed will be updated when the feed contains new content.
Here is a list of our Ministry RSS feeds:
Word of Faith Video Netcast
Word of Faith Radio Broadcast
Dr. Bill Bailey’s Teaching Messages
The HyperFaith Extreme Faith Blog
The Word of Faith Website RSS Feed